Season Six: 90-10 principles - creating peace in life

I encountered with an accident the other day.I was halfway changing to another lane, and a motorbike was so fast coming from behind, and unbreakable, "BOM"! ... Once I stepped out from the car, I saw an old man lying on the road with his broken motorbike. On that moment on, I was telling myself to stop figuring whose fault in that accident but trying my best to help as much, as I was not hurt at all in the whole accident.. I was keeping the 90-10 principles by stephen covey in my mind. (10% of life is made up of what happens to you, 90% of life is decided by how you react.) I did not call for any helps as I do not want to complicate the whole situation, and I decided to take a day off to bring this old man for a full body check up, however, he rejected my offer...I understand if I were to bring this case to police, the old man will get the summon as he was banging my car from behind. And most of the people suggested me to do a police report. I did not, because he is an old man, ..... an old man driving a Motorbike.... an old man driving a Motorbike to Work, to earn for a living ... No matter how he throw his frustration and anger to me, during the accident, I keep myself soft and calm... And I promised him to pay back the damage. The next day, I supposed to pay him back RM200. We met at my office. He put a smile on his face when he saw me. Not because of the money, i believe. The first word from his mouth is "Sorry for throwing his anger to me". I was glad, not because of his "Sorry", but because he looks good and fine. =). He returned RM50 to me, as the repaired for the motorbike is RM150. I said, keep the money and go for body checkup, to ensure he is OK. But, the old man said, he did the check up at govt hosp and that doesn't cost him much. =) ... At the end of the story is, the old man and I is happy. We put a smile on our face. And I got a new friend now. Will be dating him for lunch next week!. That is how, the 90% of life is made of. We can't control the 10% of life where accident happened. Let's imagine another way round, where I'm being harsh to him as well. Things gonna turn out to be different as well especially when both party is in different races. We blame each other for the races to build such a person and cursing over each other. That's gonna turn out to be very sad! ...

Oh ok, some would probably say the whole story is to praise myself for being a good person. No no no no .... I do admit,I'm a pretty harsh lady. I could be very mean in a way when someone is acting over my limit. In chinese, we call it "Stepped on my pony tail". =P ...I'm sorry, I could not forget all the bad vibes doings in my life, to destroy and to hurt my family. I'm not a forgiveful person at all in this situation, because I will not give another chance. I'm really glad for all the bad things happened, as I am now have a little peace in mind. =)

Afterall, whatever you do, or you decided to do, just remember to create peace in your own life. . -teresachin-

2 Response to "Season Six: 90-10 principles - creating peace in life"

  1. Daniel Tan says:
    December 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM

    This is one of the best entry I have ever seen on a blog. It demonstrated a kind-hearted person changing the world to a better place...it might sounds a bit extravagant, but it's true!

    That 10% 90% make total sense!

  2. Patresa says:
    December 27, 2010 at 3:28 PM

    hey daniel,
    thanks for dropping by. =)
    Yea, the 10% 90% is very useful in life. ;)